10.3.07

"Nature...the Greatest Book I ever Read!"



My signature is JON-ERIK KROON. My inspiration for life comes from all that have taught me along my journey. For 38 years I have explored and discovered the many wonders of Nature's offerings. My journey has allowed me to prospect shorelines, scour river bottoms, hunt marshes, canoe tributaries and swamps and lived amongst the forest animals. These excursions have taught me how to respect both LIFE and Death.

I grew up, and lived, within a marsh delta ecosystem surrounded by eleven acres of forest and shoreline. My artistic mother and my adventurous father (a practicing Archeologist and Anthropology Professor) raised the family in a remote rural setting along the Snye River, southern Ontario. The river is shared with Walpole Island First Nations Reserve. My father has versed me in the traditions of Primitive Life, the practice of museum Quality methods in casting and preservation, competent biological dissection and detailed research. My First Nation neighbors taught me through tradition and philosophy how to hunt, gather, survive, honor and respect Earth, Life and Death. Living down river from industrial chemical companies has shown me that we/society abuse our Natural Resource system causing harsh environmental changes therefor taking Life for granted.

Nature taught me how to participate with Earth by listening, smelling, touching, communicating and observing with 3rd Eye open. Witnessing the actions of Nature has taught me how to honor and respect the simplicities and complexities of living and dying while existing in a loving and cruel world. Nature shares both beauty and ugly with the viewer. From the fascination of Spring's thaw in the meadow; to the sprouting of wild flowers bearing seed to nourish the living; to the birthing of brightly colored eggs in uniquely arranged nests; to the fascination of the mature nourishing the young; to the intense silence of the hawk hunting its prey; to the struggle of survival as victim meets destiny; to the discovery of hawk indisciminantely killed by the hand of man. Nature has taught me that Death has a natural place inside the cycle of life.

MY INSPIRATION to CREATE and RETELL STORIES is BORN from these EXPERIENCES

No comments: