29.3.07

CHILD AS ARTIST

ADVENTURE AND CREATIVITY WAS IN THE BLOODLINE

This is a mixed media self portrait,utilizing photos and found objects from childhood.



This is my mother pregnant with me while on a archeological dig on the Wiser Farm along the Snye river in Wallaceburg.
She is excavating the central firepit of a WOLF PHASE First Nations circular house or lodge. One can see the black ring around her in the soil, this is the remains of the wooden post moulds. There was pottery,animal and fish bones and charred corn kernals recovered from the fire pit area. The corn kernals were carbon dated at 1500 years old.



This is Jon-Erik at age 4 painting at a constant rate. My parents had to get me an easil and large cans of paint to sooth my young creative urges.



This is a portrait created of the family house in Wallaceburg.Jon-Erik(Age 4)
Medium: Pen and pencil on parchment paper
Size:6"x7"



This is a portrait of my teacher with flowers.Jon-erik was age 4 .
Medium: Tempra paint and crayons on China paper.
Size:16"x11"



This is my first major piece of sculpture with found objects.It is constructed of a piece of pine sideing with inlaid glass beads.
Jon-Erik was age 7.
Medium:found objects
Size:12"x2"




No comments: