9.4.07

EARLY EXPERIMENTS IN ABSTRACTION

After the silkscreen experiments, I was more connected with the liquidy screen inks. I discovered they were very fluid.
The following is a few examples of abstract painting. The theory being that I was attracted to the liquidness of the wonderful colours directly from the can. The way the colour dripped off the stick in one continuos stream was visually exciting. I was experimenting at the time with every aspect of the found object. I was painting intuitively in space above the paper and the drips were the recording of my drawings in the space above the paper. Its on the artistic plain as Jackson Pollock, yet here I am drawing a portrait in the air and the paper is recording the image as it falls to earth. The final drip painting in my opinion is the found object. The portrait was discovered in empty space and gravity created what I envisioned.



Title: "Intuitive Portrait with Blue, Yellow, and Red".
Medium: Dripped silk screen ink on Paper.
Size: 16" X 23"
Date: 1988
Note: The signature was signed in space also.



Title: "Intuitive Portrait #2"
Medium: Dripped silk screen ink on paper
Size: 24" X 25"
Date: 1988
Note: The signature was signed in space.



Title: "Intuitive Portrait #7"
Medium: Dripped silk screen ink on paper
size: 23" X 29"
Date: 1988



This is a detail shot of the thinness of the dripped lines from marks created in fluidic empty space.



Title: "Portrait of Sherri"
Medium: Dripped silk screen ink on paper
Size: 24" X 37"
Date: 1988

No comments: